Tuesday, March 2, 2010

SONG BY CORI SANDLER - YOU DON'T HAVE TO WEEP FOR ME -Feb 28, 2010

YOU DON'T HAVE TO WEEP FOR ME

Make yourself a cup of tea and have yourself a little break. Close your eyes and listen if you will to a new song I've just recorded here at the dining room table.



click YOU DON'T HAVE TO WEEP FOR ME to listen.
(Then, just click on the song title when the new window opens)



Perhaps I am a little bit addicted to my blackberry, but really, it is a great tool.
While Alice and I have been travelling through the mountains, I would either be taking pictures with the little thing or, I would open up the recording device and start singing. There are a couple of songs, which I have written, or am in the process of writing, but they are not complete yet.

Just a few days ago I told one of our friends that I would send some music to soothe her from my wide selection of music. While searching for just the right one to help in some way, I found my self singing a different tune so to speak.

It is certainly difficult to be so far away from friends when difficult times occur, be it a death in one's family, or bad news which can happen any day, or those big changes in life... Though I am not able to hold my friend gently during this time of loss for her, I did seem to be able to write a song... Actually, I don't think 'write' is appropriate. It really just sort of came out.

Without my friend knowing (until she reads this) I have actually been with her for the past 2 days. Recording it, adding harmonies, changing the levels, re-singing parts, adding and removing bits... I have enjoyed this process (as I always do) It seems that when I have something to write or sing about... it is just there.

I hope you enjoy it.
(By the way, that cup of tea and muffin were the best cup of tea and muffin that I have had in ages. Thanks to my mom's most amazing carrot cake recipe that we 'muffinized' and baked in parchment pockets.)

No comments:

Post a Comment